During phase one we are building a 3,000 tpa demonstration plant to convert fly ash resource into magnesium metal, Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM), amorphous silica, char and iron oxide using our proprietary process.
The Demonstration Plant
Our hydromet extraction process uses acid to treat fly ash. Our process can be summarised as:
• Dissolving Magnesium (Mg), iron and calcium minerals with Hydrochloric Acid (HCl), & leaching out magnesium as MgCl2
• Removing Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) & calcium as Calcium Carbonate CaCO3
• Converting MgCl2 into Magnesium Oxide (MgO) & recovering the HCl for reuse in the process
• Processing MgO into Mg and SCM using the thermal reduction process.
The only process capable of extracting magnesium and SCM from fly ash and ferro nickel slag feedstocks.
• Cost competitive - LMG's processes are half the operating cost of traditional magnesium and SCM production methods.
• Valuable by-products, including SCM and amorphous silica, which further offset operating costs for magnesium production.
• Significantly lower CO2 emissions, at nearly 1/3 of average traditional producers for fly ash and an estimated 50 percent reduction compared to the traditional magnesium industry producers.
LMG is uniquely placed to meet increasing worldwide demand for magnesium as a result of:
• Australia’s global framework of free trade agreements, with major markets including Japan and the USA.
• Industry leading emissions standards.
• A global trend towards critical material supply chain diversification.
• The growing demand for magnesium across a broad range of products and economic sectors.
Reach our investor relations team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing our contact form belowGet in touch